Providing incident updates
Would you like to provide incident updates to your audience?
Providing incident updates is a great way to reduce friction and save time keeping potential customers updated with incidents. Here's how you can provide incident updates, visible to customers on your status page:
- Log in to your account
- Tap your name in the top right (you might need to open the menu first if on a mobile)
- Tap the Status Pages link (that's the one with the explanation mark)
- Tap on the Incidents button
- Then, choose Create incident update of whichever status page you want to provide updates for.
You'll be taken to the "updates" area of your status page, from here you'll be able to:
- Create a new incident update
- View existing incident updates
- Delete incident updates
When creating a new incident update you'll be able to set it's type from four different types:
- Resolved - implies that an incident has been fixed.
- Info (default) - provides a generic incident update.
- Issue - indicates that something isn't quite working for customers as intended.
- Maintenance - indicates that maintenance is currently in progress or is soon due.
We recommend regularly providing incident updates and setting the type appropriately. In addition, consider deleting incidents older than 14 days as these won't be displayed.