Adding a Port monitor
Port monitoring for your website, server or API is a great way to ensure that services on your systems are working as intended.
Making sure that your port monitor is configured correctly is important for the uptime of your monitor to be reported correctly.
In this short guide, let's look at how we can set up a new port monitor:
- Log in to your account
- Tap Monitors (you might need to open the menu first if on a mobile) in the menu
- Tap on Add monitor and choose the Add monitor from the dropdown list
- Give your monitor a name and optionally a description
- Set the monitor type to Port
- Provide a monitor timeout for your port to be checked, we recommend 15s - 20s as a starting point
- Enter the website URL, or IP address without the
http:// part or any trailing slashes
- Type the port number you'd like to monitor, for example: 80 for HTTP or 443 for SSL
- 80 - HTTP
- 443 - HTTPS
- 25 - SMTP
- 21 - FTP
- 22 - SSH
- 23 - DNS
- 143 - IMAP
Remember, you can enter any port number you'd like.